Individual Parenting Seminars Winter/Spring 2015
INDIVIDUAL PARENTING SEMINARS
- THE BIRDS and THE BEES: The Child’s Path to Learning about Sexuality Thursday, Marc, 19, 2015 7:00 to 8:30 p.m.
“Where do babies come from?” Being prepared for the tough questions often makes answering them easier. This seminar will explore address “those” questions from a developmental perspective and provide a context for your answers. Children’s emerging sexuality and the accompanying behaviors will be explored.
- DISCIPLINE DO’S and DON’TS Tuesday, March 3, 2015 7:00 to 8:30 p.m.
Limits and discipline are challenges for parents of children of all ages as they try to figure out how the world reacts to their actions and behaviors. This seminar will address the whys, whens, and hows of discipline that will lead to the self discipline we want our children to develop.
- ELEMENTARY SCHOOL, HERE I COME! Thursday, February 19, 2015 7:00 to 9:00 p.m.
A framework for observing, assessing, and choosing an elementary school will be presented at this seminar. Private and public schools in the City and the Valley will be discussed along with the application process, school visits, interviews, and a timeline for applications.
- ENCOURAGING RESILIENCE IN YOUR CHILD Wednesday, March 31, 2015 7:30 to 9:00 p.m.
Life will throw your child a lot of curve balls. Knowing how to pick himself up, recover, and move on is critical. This seminar will explore the ways in which we can help our children to weather all the ups and downs he surly will encounter.
- FOOD, GLORIOUS FOOD! Tuesday, March 17, 2015 7:00 to 8:30 p.m.
Are food and meal times really glorious? Can a child grow up without eating anything green? How can you have a “family meal” when your child won’t sit at the table? This seminar will address the family food wars…meal times, snack times, junk foods, and offer a fresh approach to food and eating behaviors.
- GRIT…CULTIVATING STICK-TO-IT-IVENESS Tuesday, March 31, 2015 7:00 to 8:30 p.m.
Where does GRIT come from? How can we help our kids to stick to it? This seminar will discuss the ingredients needed for setting your child on the path to being gritty.
- KEEPING YOUR CHILD SAFE Thursday, January 22, 2015 7:00 to 8:30 p.m.
This critically important topic will be addressed as we discuss age appropriate prevention and preparedness. The presentation will include: dealing with strangers; child abuse prevention; family safety; what every child needs to know, and what every parent should know.
- NURSERY SCHOOL KNOW HOW Thursday, February 12, 2015 7:00 to 9:30 p.m.
This seminar will acquaint you with early childhood programs (preschools/nursery schools) available in the City and Valley. We will discuss school philosophies, a framework for finding the school that is right for your family, and a timeline for observing, choosing, and applying to nursery school.
- RAISING A SELF RELIANT CHILD Thursday, March 12, 2015 7:00 to 8:30 p.m.
Every parent wants her child to be self-reliant. Learning how to cultivate this character trait that will put your child on the path to making his way in a world filled with distractions and saboteurs is what this seminar addresses.
- SIBLINGS! Wednesday, March 25, 2015 7:00 to 8:30 p.m.
The pleasures of a large family don’t have to be overshadowed by sibling problems. This seminar will address sibling relationships, offer suggestions for dealing with the inevitable fights and rivalries, and offer ideas for promoting positive sibling interactions, as well as the pitfalls to avoid.
After Dec. 30, 2015 please email (email@example.com)to confirm that there is still space in the seminar(s) for which you wish to register before mailing our registration and check.